Subject: Fw: A history lesson....
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:49:30 EDT

John Glenn (DEMOCRAT) said this ----- It  should make us all think a little:

There were 39 combat related killings in  Iraq in January. In the fair city 
of  Detroit there  were 35 murders in the month of January.  That's just one 
American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of  Iraq .

When some claim that President Bush  shouldn't have started this war, tell 
them the following:   

FDR (DEMOCRAT) led us into World War II.  Germany never attacked us;  Japan 
did. From 1941-1945, 450,000  lives were lost ... an average of 112,500  per 
year.  

Truman (DEMOCRAT) finished that war and  started one in Korea . North  Korea 
never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000  lives were lost ... an average of 
18,334  per year.  

John F. Kennedy (DEMOCRAT) started the  Vietnam conflict in  1962. Vietnam 
never attacked  us.

 

Johnson (DEMOCRAT) turned Vietnam  into a quagmire. From 1965-1975,  58,000 
lives were lost ... an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton (DEMOCRAT) went to war in  Bosnia without UN or French consent.  
Bosnia never attacked us. He was  offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter 
three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has  attacked us on multiple  
occasions.

This one is a  fact that makes me mad as hell.

In the years since terrorists attacked  us, President Bush has liberated two  
countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in 
Libya, Iran, and,  North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist 
 who slaughtered 300,000 of his own  people.  And the Democrats are 
complaining about how long the war is taking. 

But Wait, There's more.

It  took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno  (DEMOCRAT) to take 
the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence for  chemical weapons in Iraq for less time 
than it took  Hillary Clinton (DEMOCRAT) to find the Rose law firm billing  
records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry  Division and the Marines to destroy  
the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after  
his Oldsmobile sank at  Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take  Iraq than it  took to count the votes in  Florida  
!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT  JOB! The Military morale is high! 

The biased media hopes we are too  ignorant to realize the facts.

But Wait ....There's  more!

JOHN GLENN (on the  Senate floor - January 26, 2004) 

Some people still don't understand  why military personnel do what they do 
for a  living. This exchange between Senators John Glenn and Senator Howard  
Metzenbaum is worth reading. Not  only is it a pretty impressive impromptu 
speech, but it's also a good example of  one man's explanation of why men and women 
in  the armed services do what they  do for a living.

This IS a typical, though sad, example of  what some who have never  served 
think of the military. 

Senator Metzenbaum (speaking to Senator  Glenn):

'How can you run for Senate when you've  never held a real job?'

Senator Glenn (D-Ohio): 'I served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. 
 I served through two wars. I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by  
anti-aircraft fire on 12 different occasions. I was in the space program. It  wasn't 
mycheckbook, Howard; it was my life on the line. It  was not a nine-to-five 
job, where I took time  off to take the daily cash receipts  to the bank. I ask 
you to go with  me, as I went the other day... to a veteran's hospital and 
look those men ... with their mangled bodies ... in the eye, and tell  THEM they 
didn't hold a  job!  

ï¿∏

You go with me to the Space Program at  NASA and go, as I have  gone, to the 
widows and  orphans of Ed White, Gus  Grissom and Roger Chaffee ... and you 
look those kids in the eye and tell  them that their DAD'S  didn't hold a job.  

You go with me on Memorial Day and you stand  in Arlington National Cemetery, 
where I have more friends buried than I'd like to remember, and you  watch 
those waving  flags. You stand there, and you think about this  nation, and you 
have the gall  to tell ME that those people didn't have a job?

What about Metzenbaum?  For those who don't  remember During W.W.II, Howard  
Metzenbaum was an attorney representing the Communist Party in the USA .  

Now he's a Senator! 

If you can read this, thank a teacher.  If you are reading it  in English 
thank a Veteran.